Thursday, September 5, 2013

Guest Blogger - Ginny Hartman


Ginny Hartman has become a best-selling author in three countries with the release of her first book 'Deceiving the Duke of Kerrington' that she released in June of 2013. With her unexpected success she has released her second book in the series and it premieres today. She has also agreed to be a guest blogger and share a little of her success.





Who is your favorite author? Hmmm...this is like asking me to pick my favorite child! Two of my favorites are Mary Higgins Clark and Gerald Lund.

What inspired you to become an author? I've always thought it would be cool to say I had written a book but never thought I could actually do it. After reading 'How to Write a Fiction Novel in 30 days or Less' by Nicholas Black, I thought to myself, why not try it? I wrote my first novel in less than a month and haven't stopped since. I'm currently working on my fifth novel! The concept of creating something out of nothing really excites and appeals to me. Just knowing that I can imagine and create characters and worlds that give an escape to myself and my readers is empowering.

Are you working on anything else right now? I'm currently working on the third novel in my Ladies of Deception trilogy, 'Betraying the Viscount Bridgerton' and hope to have it released in December.

If you could travel back to any time or place what would it be? Most definitely back to Israel when Jesus walked the earth. The political and religious turmoil of that time is fascinating to me and I love Israel. If I could be there when Jesus was alive and see Him I would be in heaven! But also, I'd love to go back to Regency England but only for a short time. Long enough to attend some house parties and balls, but I have a feeling that living in a society with all those restrictions and rules would not suit me.

Any advice for new writers? Don't do it for recognition, money, or success, do it because you love it. If you love what you do than your readers will to. 
My first published book, 'Deceiving the Duke of Kerrington' became an Amazon Historical Romance Bestseller in the U.S., the U.K., and India

What inspires you to write in the genre that you do? I'm fascinated by the regency period because of the endless rules and restrictions placed on society. It was such a frivolous time in regards to entertainment but in other ways it was so restricting. Propriety in romance can make it all the more delicious when we can focus more on the relationship evolving than on smut.

What do you think allowed your book to be so successful versus other types of books? I think writing in a popular genre really helps, but also a good cover is so important because it's the first thing readers will judge your book by.

How did you launch your book and spread the word? I promoted my book via my facebook page mainly and word of mouth.

Any advice for new writers or for people just starting to promote their book? Don't stress if you don't see instant success, just having accomplished writing and publishing a book is a tremendous hallmark of success. Don't compare yourself to anyone else and enjoy the ride!



No comments:

Post a Comment